The overall Mandate of the Directorate is to:
- Advice the Government and the industry on matters related to pyrethrum and other industrial crops production and marketing.
- Collect and collate data, maintain a database and disseminate information on pyrethrum activities for planning purposes.
- Provide specialized pyrethrum extension services.
- Promote development and adoption of standards for labelling, packaging, grading, transporting and storing products in compliance with local and international standards
- Promote the establishment and use of production, processing and marketing infrastructure for pyrethrum & other industrial crops.
- Facilitate marketing of pyrethrum products in the local and international markets; and
- Provide any other matter in furtherance of the development of pyrethrum & Other Industrial crops or conducive to the exercise of its mandate.